Who doesn't love the sweet delight of a lemony moist slice of cake or two with their morning cup of coffee or tea. However we do sometimes feel a little guilty about the sugar, gluten, dairy that is a part of many cakes and sweets. However, this divine Lemon and Coconut Loaf is dairy free, gluten free and sugar free! It uses Coconut milk freshly made using the Chufamix Nut and Vegetable Milk Maker, will seduce the tastebuds without much guilt!
What you will need
- 1 cup freshly made coconut milk using the Chufamix Nut and Vegetable Milk Maker
- 1/2 cup organic coconut flour
- 2 cups dessicated coconut
- 1 Tablespoon virgin cold pressed coconut oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 4 eggs
- 4 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 175ºC. Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper overhanging the sides for easy removal.
- Place coconut flour, dessicated coconut and lemon zest into your food processor and pulse till the mixture looks like fine bread crumbs
- Add coconut milk, coconut oil and pulse till well combined
- Add the eggs and maple syrup , pulse to combine.
- Add vanilla, lemon juice and bicarb of soda. Mix to combine. Stir in the salt
- Spoon mixture into your prepared tin and smooth the top with a spoon
- Bake for 50 min. Cool for 20 min. Serve with strawberry coulis or lemon syrup or enjoy plain with a cup of tea!
* Adapted from www.wholefoodsimply.com