A great alternative to oats is a rice and millet porridge for breakfast using cashew milk freshly made using the Chufamix Nut and Vegetable Milk Maker. Enjoy this delicious porridge any time of day with a little drizzle of organic maple syrup.
Millet is a good source of copper, manganese, phosphorus and magnesium, which has been shown to lower high blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart attack.
What you will need
- 250 ml cashew milk from using the Chufamix Nut and Vegetable Milk Maker
- 100 ml water
- 50 gm Planet Organic Rice and Millet Flakes (or mix your own in equal quantities of organic rice and millet flakes)
- pinch salt
- Selection of dried fruit (eg. figs, sultanas, dates)
- 1-2 Tabsp Nuts and Seeds(eg almonds, pistachios, pumpkin seeds)
- 2 Tabsp grated fresh apple
- Maple Syrup to taste
- Mix Organic Rice and Millet Flakes with water in a saucepan
- Bring to boil then add cashew milk or any nut milk of choice and simmer gently for a further 5-6 min. Do not heat nut milks greater than 40 degrees.
- Serve porridge topped with dried fruit, nuts and seeds, grated apple and a little drizzle of organic maple syrup.
*Note: This recipe can be modified to use any nut milk. Try with almond milk, macadamia nut milk, brazil nut milk, walnut milk and coconut milk which can all be made in a Chufamix Nut Milk and Vegetable Milk Maker