Do you sometimes crave for a savoury snack that is substantial but dairy free, sugar free and yet delicious? For those of us that cannot indulge in delicious treats that contain cows milk, such indulgences must be avoided. This incredibly delicious Almond Pulp Cracker lactose free milk recipe, uses a mixture of almond and other nut pulps produced in a Chufamix Nut and Vegetable Milk Maker will seduce even the fussiest tastebuds.
What you will need
- 1 Cup Almond Pulp (dried out)
- 1 Cup mixed nut pulp eg Brazil nut, Macadamia nut (dried out) *
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 Tabsp coconut oil
- 4 Tabsp sultanas
- 2 Tabsp chia seeds
- 3 Tabsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 sprig dill, finely chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp cumin (optional)
- ½ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 8 Tabsp water
- Dry out Chufamix nut pulp at 150 degrees Celcius, for 30 min, stir lightly to ensure nut pulp dries out but does not burn!
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celcius
- Place all ingredients into the food processor except the water and pulse for 30 sec – 1 min till all ingredients are finely ground and starting to hold together
- Add half the water and pulse for 30 secs. Check consistency.
- Add rest of the water or a little more to ensure the ingredients are moist, stick together just enough to form a soft dough
- Remove dough and place between two parchment sheets or baking paper
- Roll out to ½ cm thickness and cut squares into the flattened dough – size of squares dependent on your liking
- Bake for 15-20 mins. Remove tray, flip the crackers over and bake for further 10 mins.
- Take out and leave to cool.
- Serve as is or with a dip – an avocado dip, a salsa are worthy companions!