Everyone loves the indulgence and sweet delight of a rich. moist cupcake or two with their morning cup of coffee or tea. However, for those of us that cannot indulge in delicious treats that contain cows milk, such indulgences must be avoided. This divine Banana and Chia Cupcakes lactose free milk recipe, which uses almond milk freshly made using the Chufamix Nut and Vegetable Milk Maker, is also gluten and sugar free.
What you will need
- 3 free range organic eggs
- 300 g smashed banana
- 60 g ( 2 tablespoons) organic maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 60 g (1/4 cup) macadamia nut oil or coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten free baking soda + 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 200 g ( 2 cups) almond pulp (previously made in a Chufamix Nut and Vegetable Milk Maker)
- 25 g (1/4 cup) ground flaxseed (linseed) or chia seed
- Preheat your oven to 160 C.
- Combine smashed banana, maple syrup, oil, cinnamon, vanilla, eggs, baking soda and lemon juice.
- Add the almond pulp and chia seed and mix well.
- Line 12 cupcake tin with paper cups
- Spoon batter into the tin and bake for 25-30 minutes ( a skewer inserted into the centre of cupcake should come out dry).
- Leave cupcakes for a day and you will find the chia seeds would have moistened the cake even more!