Who doesn't love the sweet delight of a rich. moist cupcake or two with their morning cup of coffee or tea. However, for those of us that cannot indulge in delicious treats that contain cows milk, such indulgences must be avoided. However, this divine Almond and Coffee Cupcakes lactose free milk recipe, which uses almond milk freshly made using the Chufamix Nut and Vegetable Milk Maker, will seduce the tastebuds without upsetting the tummy.
What you will need
- ½ cup lactose free almond milk freshly made using the Chufamix Nut and Vegetable Milk Maker
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose or gluten free flour
- ¾ cup raw coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup coconut flakes, lightly toasted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup fresh prepared coffee, cooled
- ¼ cup oil
The Icing (Optional)
- ½ cup dairy-free margarine
- ½ cup raw organic coconut oil - softened to room temperature
- 3 cups organic icing sugar
- ¼ cup raw cacao
- 2 tablespoons espresso coffee grounds
- 2-3 tablespoons lactose free Almond Milk (previously made in a Chufamix Nut and Vegetable Milk Maker)
- 15 dark chocolate covered expresso beans
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC.
- In a small cup, combine the almond milk and vinegar. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients, including the milk and vinegar. Gently stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into 15 paper lined muffin pans.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the cupcake comes out clean.
- Place on a rack, and let cool completely.
- In a bowl, cream together the margarine and coconut oil until creamy.
- Add the powdered sugar a cup at a time, beating until creamy after each addition. Add the coffee, and raw cacao. Add the almond milk. Cream together until combined.
- Smooth onto cooled cupcakes, or use a bag to pipe the icing. Place an espresso bean on top of each iced cupcake.