A delicious, spicy lactose free chai latte recipe using home made almond milk made easily in a Chufamix - no nut milk bags to clean, and pulp comes out easily from the stainless steel sieve.
Easy, No Mess DIY Almond milk
1 cup raw organic almonds, soaked overnight
3 cups water
1 organic medjool date (optional)
- Rinse soaked almonds and place in Chufamix sieve.
- Fill Chufamix container with 3 cups water
- Blend gently for 2-3 mins
- Use mortar to press every last drop of creamy almond milk into container - easy, no mess!
- Use pulp for Hummus, or dry gently to make healthy gluten free lactose free cakes and cookies
Maizan’s Spicy Almond Milk Chai
1 cup almond milk as above recipe
1 ½ cups filtered water
3 whole cardamom pods
2 cm fresh ginger , grated
1 Tbsp strong black tea
- Heat water, spices and ginger in a pot on medium heat for about 5 mins
- Turn down heat to very very low and add 1 Tabsp strong black tea leaves
- Cover and leave for 3 mins to steep over very very low heat – you want this warm but NOT boiling!
- Add almond milk, cover and leave for 3 mins on low heat as well.
- Pour and….
- Enjoy with your loved one or keep it all for yourself!!!
- Makes 2 large cups gingery Chai tea.