Who doesn't love the sweet delight of a rich. moist cupcake or two with their morning cup of coffee or tea. This divine Chocolate Beetroot Cupcake is lactose free, gluten free and uses almond pulp and cashew pulp freshly made using the Chufamix Nut and Vegetable Milk Maker.
What you will need
- 250 g (2 large raw beetroot, peeled and grated)
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoon raw cacao
- 1 1/2 cup almond pulp (from making almond milk in a Chufamix Nut and Vegetable Milk Maker)
- 1 tsp gluten free baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 3 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/3 cup organic maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
The Cashew Cream Frosting
- 1 cup cashews soaked for 2 hours
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoon maple syrup/honey
- 2 Tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- Preheat overn to 170 C. Line a cupcake tin with 12 cupcake cases
- Mix all ingredients for cupcakes into a blender or food processor till it forms a smooth batter. You may have to add a few tablespoons of almond milk if the batter is not smooth enough.
- Taste the batter for sweetness and texture and add maple syrup if needed.
- Pour into a lined cupcake tin
- Bake in a moderate oven at 160C for 40 mins or until the centre of the cupcake is firm
- Place all ingredients for cashew cream frosting into a blender and blend till you get a smooth consistency.
- Frost the cupcake with Cashew Cream frosting when cupcake is cool. This cupcake, like the chia seed banana cupcake tastes better the next day
Adapted from www.iquitsugar.com