Everyone loves the indulgence and sweet delight of a rich. moist muffin with their morning cup of coffee or tea. Every kid loves a little sweet treat in their lunch box and the recipe adds the goodness of carrots without them knowing!. This delicious soy milk pulp (okara) and carrot muffin is a lactose free recipe using soy milk freshly made using the Chufamix Nut and Vegetable Milk Maker, is also gluten free.
What you will need
- 1 cup freshly made soy milk
- 1 cup wet okara (soy pulp) obtained after making soy milk in a Chufamix Nut and Vegetable Milk Maker
- 1/3 cup organic raw coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups carrots - grated
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 3/4 teaspoon xantham gum (optional)
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 1 tsp organic baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder or 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1/4 cup raw coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 175 C.
- Line a muffin tray with 12 paper liners or grease and flour the muffin tray generously.
- Combine wet ingredients and dry ingredients separately.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold lightly. Do not overmix.
- Line 12 cupcake tin with paper cups
- Spoon batter into the liners until almost full and and bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly brown or until toothpick test comes out clean.
- Leave cupcakes to cool before attempting to remove paper liner. Muffins left overnight taste better and are incredibly moist!
Recipe is adapted from http://www.justasdelish.com/