A healthy, light ,sugar, gluten and dairy free dessert or snack you can have any time of day. This easy lactose free recipe uses freshly made almond milk using the Chufamix Nut and Vegetable Milk Maker and organic agar agar bars which may be easily substituted with agar agar flakes. This dessert is easy to prepare ahead and perfect for those hot summer days. It will satisfy your sweet cravings without the dairy, sugar or gluten.
What you will need
- 3 cups almond milk (previously made in a Chufamix Nut and Vegetable Milk Maker)
- 3 organic seeded dates
- 2 Tablespoons organic raw cacao powder
- 1 bar agar-agar (about 7.5 g)
- 1/2 fresh mango or sweet fruit of choice, chopped into cubes
- 1/2 mango and 1 ripe banana pureed for sauce (optional)
- Make fresh almond milk with dates and 1 cup soaked almonds
- Soak agar-agar that has been chopped up into pieces in the almond milk for 20 mins.
- Simmer almond milk with agar agar slowly for 20 min till agar-agar dissolves.
- Leave to cool slightly
- Place chopped up mango or fruit pieces into the bottom of a large mold or smaller molds.
- Pour almond and agar-agar mixture into the mold
- Leave to set in fridge for 1 hour or overnight
- Serve with pureed mango and banana mixture or any fruit puree of choice.