A 'cheese' dip that you can be happy serving any time of day with vegetables or a savoury cracker. For those of us that cannot indulge in delicious treats that contain cows milk, this cashew nut cheese provides a delicious option. This easy lactose free recipe, which uses cashew milk pulp freshly made using the Chufamix Nut and Vegetable Milk Maker, will satisfy your cheese cravings without the dairy.
What you will need
- 1 cup cashew pulp (previously made in a Chufamix Nut and Vegetable Milk Maker
- 3-4 tablespoon of cashew milk
- 2 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 clove of garlic (optional)
- Sprinkle of Nutritional Yeast (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoon chopped chives (garnish)
- Combine all ingredients except chives in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add chives before serving.
- Enjoy with crackers or steamed/raw vegetables
*Depending on how wet the cashew pulp is, you may want to reduce the amount of cashew nut milk you add. If it feels too dry or not creamy enough, just add a little more cashew milk.